We decided not to go to Ascot with Miracle, it would have been a nice day out but that’s all it would have been. The ground is very soft now and it’s likely more rain is coming. We ran him in similar circumstances at Ffos Las last year and he picked up an injury so best not risk it this time.
Bird To Love ran a decent enough race, she just doesn’t stay the trip. To be fair she’s onlybeen in training 8 months so she’s not as strong as most horses of her age. I’m sure she will shape up in time. The other thing I thought was pushing her up the field early was a mistake. If your worried about staying generally you should hold them up a bit. Anyway we will probably go back to a mile and a half and put some headgear on to concentrate her. She’s definitely better than her recent results.
Bird For Life ran a cracking race considering her position, she almost crept up the inner a few times but the door kept shutting on her. She was miles off the winner a furlong and a half out but she motored when she got some space. It’s a shame, I think the rail opened up as soon as she came off it. She would definitely have finished closer if on the rail. Ellie kept her as tight as she could though, it was a very good ride. With more luck they could definitely win at this level.