I have been training racehorses for over thirty years and have been lucky to work in a sport that I love and am passionate about. The sport has changed significantly and I wanted to find new ways to enable more people to enjoy the fun and excitement of being involved in racehorses at an affordable price, as well as supporting my racing yard at Rowdown Stables and everyone in the team here.
It is for this reason that I am setting up The Mark Usher Racing Club which is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved without having the financial pressure of owning a race horse. For only £50 a month you can join the Club and start enjoying a host of benefits as well as supporting the yard.
Benefits to club members:
- Follow the Club horses at home and on the racecourse.
- A free owners badge each time the horse runs. Plus half price badges for family and friends.
- Organised days at the yard, a local stud and other related venues.
- Dedicated webpage which will be updated regularly to keep you informed of everything you want to know.
- Sponsor a race at a local racecourse. This will raise awareness for the Club and there are perks from the course including judging the best turned out.
- Support Greatwood. A wonderful charity caring for ex racehorses. 10% of all prize money won by club horses will be donated to the charity.
To learn more about the Club and how to join please contact us on:
Phone: 01488 72598 or 07831873531
http://www.markusherracing.co.uk – Club launch date 01/05/2016
At any one time The Mark Usher Racing Club may have an interest in several horses in training.There are currently 5 horses running for The Mark Usher Racing Club.
by Delegator (GB) ex Bird Over ( Bold Over )
Closely related to our successful staying handicap mare, Bird for Life, and by the same sire Delegator, this mare was originally in training as a two year old with Ralph Beckett running just the once for Ralph, over six furlongs at Kempton in November 2016.
After spending 2017 and 2018 back with her Owners she came back into work at Rowdown in the Spring of 2019 and had two runs in Maiden company, at Windsor and at Kempton, over middle distances to achieve a mark; we were delighted with her first run in a handicap, at Windsor over their extended 13 furlongs at the end of July, in which she finished third; there is more progression in her and we are looking for her to be a successful member or our Racing Club.
Bird to Love 's racing form, courtesy Racing Post