I have been training racehorses for over thirty years and have been lucky to work in a sport that I love and am passionate about. The sport has changed significantly and I wanted to find new ways to enable more people to enjoy the fun and excitement of being involved in racehorses at an affordable price, as well as supporting my racing yard at Rowdown Stables and everyone in the team here.
It is for this reason that I am setting up The Mark Usher Racing Club which is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved without having the financial pressure of owning a race horse. For only £50 a month you can join the Club and start enjoying a host of benefits as well as supporting the yard.
Benefits to club members:
- Follow the Club horses at home and on the racecourse.
- A free owners badge each time the horse runs. Plus half price badges for family and friends.
- Organised days at the yard, a local stud and other related venues.
- Dedicated webpage which will be updated regularly to keep you informed of everything you want to know.
- Sponsor a race at a local racecourse. This will raise awareness for the Club and there are perks from the course including judging the best turned out.
- Support Greatwood. A wonderful charity caring for ex racehorses. 10% of all prize money won by club horses will be donated to the charity.
To learn more about the Club and how to join please contact us on:
Phone: 01488 72598 or 07831873531
http://www.markusherracing.co.uk – Club launch date 01/05/2016
At any one time The Mark Usher Racing Club may have an interest in several horses in training.There are currently 4 horses running for The Mark Usher Racing Club.
by Kyllachy ex Some Diva ( )
Closely related to the 1999 Middle Park Stakes winner, Primo Valentino, Black Truffle has been a fine servant to both Saxon House and to Rowdown since arriving from Newmarket, on the recommendation of Hayley Turner, in the Autumn of 2012 having had just three runs for Michael Bell.
He is a classic AW horse having won seven times (and been placed another 19 times) from 56 starts for Mark on the artificial surfaces; he is a genuine and consistent person who does best being held up off a truly run race. He developed a bit of a problem with his front hooves during the Spring of 2016 and this has resulted in him having a long holiday to put him right. He came back into training in early 2017 and will be back on the track this spring. At six years old he is in his prime and with his feet sorted there will be no stopping him. He is just the kind of horse we wanted to support in the Mark Usher Racing Club and I'm sure this year he will repay all his supporters.
Black Truffle 's racing form, courtesy Racing Post
Price: £ £50
If you are interested in following Black Truffle why not try our Club. For just £50 per month you can cheer him and the rest of the Club horses on at the races and visit them at our stable. Check out our Mark Usher Races Club page for more details or send us an email.